Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Week 15 Prompt Response

 One of the best ways that my library markets our fiction collection is through displays and lists. Our library uses Bibliocommons, and they have a great list feature that we use when creating our displays. We attach the books on our desired topic into the list, write up interesting blurbs on each book if possible, and then publish the lists, which we then print and use to fill our display. It's a great way to get all kinds of user groups—those who visit the library get to see the displays in person, but we can still reach users at home through the lists, which they can place holds directly from. We can also link our digital resources on these lists as well for those who aren't even able to stop into the library to pick up a hold. 

As for future marketing goals, I would also love to market our digital fiction collections even more. I feel like we have so much to offer there but many of our users aren't even aware of how easy they are to access. I'd love to offer a regular program that is specifically showing patrons how to use our digital resources, where they could bring in their devices and we walk them through how to do it. 

Finally, as I've mentioned before in this class, one of the best ways to promote our books is to read them ourselves. I would love to make it a habit of making some sort of social media post featuring staff with their some of their recent faves. Format doesn't really matter, either a Tiktok or even just posts with pictures. Our users really love our staff and when we take group staff photos (say on Halloween, for example) those posts get a ton of engagement, so it would be awesome to use that to our advantage and promote books while also promoting our staff. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, I'm jealous that your library has Bibliocommons! I think a regular class/tutoring on digital services is a great idea! I think lack of awareness is a big obstacle to patrons engaging with digital services at any library. And definitely you should capitalize on your users love for the staff! I hope you can make that happen in some way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Bibliocommons, but it sounds like a great resource! I'm gonna try and see if there is any way for my library to get access to it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing other libraries social media posts on Instagram (Milwaulkee Public Library is amazing!!), and I think utilizing this format is a great way to promote a collection, particularly given that BookTok and Bookstagram are so popular right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of Tik Tok or Instagram promotion. LIke Taylor says above, they are so popular right now. I don't think we have an IG and I know we don't have a TikTok. But I think it's worth getting at least one of them. I didn't know that about Bibliocommons so know I'm going to take a look at that.

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Prompt Response

  One of the best ways that my library markets our fiction collection is through displays and lists. Our library uses Bibliocommons, and the...